Click Play on the video below to see what we teach in boot camp. You can also see more videos by clicking the 'Video Page' links on the left.
Our 'Dog Boot Camp' is a unique Residential Dog Training programme where your dog/puppy lives with one of our instructors in their home whilst receiving intensive training. We do the hard part for you: teaching your dog new commands and generalising these commands to different environments and distractions. We can put all of the essential groundwork in place for basic to advanced obedience. Boot Camp is not a 'quick fix', nor will you receive back a completely trained dog. We can put the groundwork in place, but it is ultimately up to you as the owner to continue to maintain the training and push your dogs training to the next level.
Boot Camp is organised in two parts:
Part 1 - Training your dog intensively over 1 to 6 weeks and putting all of the essential groundwork in place.
Part 2 - Training you, the owner. After your dog has completed his bootcamp stay, you and your family will receive intensive handler training and extensive practical aftercare. You also receive a comprehensive boot camp manual so that you have something to reference back to.
We offer 1 to 6 week stays where your dog:
All of our training covers 'daily living' -this means that as well as teaching your dog to respond to 'commands', your dog is taught 'on location' so that he learns how to behave and respond to commands both in the home and outside of the home.
- Lives in a home environment with the instructor - not in kennels
- Receives up to 4 hours intensive 1-2-1 training everyday
- Goes on regular 'field trips' to public places to generalise the training
- Receives daily walks with and without other dogs
- Attends group classes each week to proof the training to distractions
Dog Boot Camp is for dogs & owners from all different types of backgrounds:
- A new puppy (from 8 weeks old) who you'd like to receive the very best start in his training
- An older puppy who is starting to become 'naughty'
- An older dog who needs a reminder in the basics, or work in a specific area
- Owners with busy lifestyles who simply don't have the time to put the training in place
- Top-up training for owners who are going on holiday
All Residential Training is over-seen by Head Instructors Jenny Trigg & Mike Newland and their team of instructors. We have over 150 dogs come through our residential programme from all across the UK and EUROPE every year. We have a very high success rate with all of our Dog Boot Camp stays.
Our training school is based in Surrey & West Sussex.